Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Official: We're Moving to Washington!


The picture above is not a painting. It's a wobbly photo that I (Noel) took with my cell phone last Saturday in Oak Harbor, WA. I had a great weekend up there at First Reformed Church, although I wished Heidi, Jude, and Hazel could have come with me. It went so well, though, that last night they extended a call for me to become their new associate pastor, and I accepted. So next month we are moving to Washington! The position is called "Minister of Worship and Discipleship," and as the title implies my responsibilities will be primarily in the areas of worship and music and adult discipleship.

Obviously, there's going to be lots to do between now and mid-August. In addition to packing, getting the babies ready to move, and saying goodbye to friends and neighbors, there will be the "minor" matter of my examination and ordination by the presbytery. And then, of course, all of the other loose ends as far as my employment and education are concerned. Please pray for us as we embark on this next phase of our journey!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow! Wonderful news...I'll check in to see what I can do to help you. My prayers will be with you all also.

Corrie and Phil said...

How terrific! CONGRATS!

don and sara said...

Wow! Exciting news! Congratulations!!

The De Jager Family said...

YAY!!! So excited for you guys! That whole process is very fresh in our minds... Prayers for your whole family as you prepare to transition.

Andrew said...

Rus must not have told any old Hope stories... Congratulations! I just started as associate pastor in Grand Rapids on Monday.