Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mother's Day Out

All 3 kids started going to Mother's Day Out at church a couple of weeks ago! They go on Tuesday and Thursday for 4 hours. Whoa. Amazingly, the time has gone fast for me. I will admit, it was very hard to take them the first day. I've never really been away from them and no matter how much I want/need a break, it's still hard to trust that they'll be okay with other people. But, they did great! 

Hazel and Jude are in the 18 month classroom and Nona is in the baby room. They learn about colors and shapes, do crafts, color, have a lesson, eat lunch, and play. And when they come home, they are pooped. Hazel and Jude seem to enjoy it! Well, they've only been 2 days because after the first week they got sick and they missed the whole second week. I have a feeling that that will be the pattern for several months. 1 week there, 1 week sick. Anyway, Nona does well there too, but hasn't slept yet. She doesn't drink a bottle so I have to go feed her once, but I'm hoping that her love of solid foods can let me be off-duty during that time frame soon. And I'm hoping she'll learn how to sleep there.
Hazel generally has a hard time going into the classroom (she cries), but settles down within seconds. I've asked her at home if she likes Mother's Day Out and she hasn't shaken her head "no" yet. That's really saying something because she definitely shakes her head no to everything she doesn't like. She's very proud of her crafts, which is so cute.
Jude loves his backpack. If Hazel has hers, he wants his.
And then he tries to take it off.

"Hey, how did this happen? Mom! Help me!"
Since Nona's in her own room, she needs her own backpack too. :)
Sweet little Nona with her ladybug backpack. The workers in the baby room say that she is great. She's so chill, that I believe it. She is usually just sitting there watching what's going on when I check on her.
Hazel and Jude LOVE their new lunch bags (they match their backpacks) and the containers that I pack their lunch in (Lunchbots). They wanted to finish their lunch on the floor after they got home.

I'm so grateful for this program that our church runs! It's GREAT for the kids. They learn so much and get used to interacting with other kids. I'm sure we'll encounter lots of sickness this year, but that's to be expected. Hurray, hurray, hurray for baby school!

No comments: