Friday, March 30, 2012
- As I was feeding Nona in our bedroom, she walked in, gave me her toy, took my cell phone that was on the arm of the chair, walked to the door, waved "bye-bye" and took off down the hall
- Her routine at meal time is to point and whine for BOTH sippy cups so that she can give one to Jude. It's not okay for mommy to give it to Jude.
- She likes to "help" put Jude's diaper on after bath time
- She's constantly walking around "texting" on her cell phone (Noel's old phone)
- Her food of choice for the week is hard-boiled egg (white part only) dipped in salt
- She is always wearing long strands of beads
- She HATES messes. Yesterday she begged (whined) for a napkin and promptly wiped her tray clean, swiping up all the pieces of food she didn't want as well as some juice from the mandarin oranges. If she drops her water on the floor and it leaks, she points to it and whines for it to be wiped up. She's always finding the smallest fuzzies on the carpet and bringing them to me. Maybe in a few months she can start to help me clean!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
- EATING! He is happiest when he is in his chair eating. He is a quite a sight when it comes to shoving handful after handful of food in his mouth. Anytime the microwave is turned on, he crawls over and whines in front of it (as if he hasn't eaten all day). Anytime anyone has food, he thinks he needs some too. He eats most anything.
- Bouncing - I think he would laugh all day if Noel held him up high and bounced him and tossed him around
- Things that move - he is completely obsessed (and I don't use that term lightly) with things that open and shut. He opens and closes doors, drawers, gates, parts on toys, etc., all day long. Most people who meet him say he'll be a mechanic or engineer.
- Meat - it's one thing he actually spits out and will not try another bite of.
- Being set down after dancing, bouncing, rough housing with daddy. He cries and cries and throws himself on the floor.
- When I close the dishwasher (it's another thing he is obsessed with...watch out when you close it, there will be many sad tears)
- Taking morning nap -this is a new one and a very frustrating one. He still needs the nap, but instead, he pulls up his sheets, stands in his crib and yells (which wakes up Hazel if I don't tend to it fast enough)
- Walking - he chooses to drop and crawl after a few steps (or anytime we say, "good job, Jude!").
Overall, he's a really easy going guy. He has 8 teeth with a 9th about to pop through. He either doesn't know the meaning of no or just chooses to completely ignore me when I say his name and "no-no" when he's getting into things he shouldn't and other than his nap refusal, that's my biggest frustration. He's not saying anything yet, but he will say "DAH-dah" when I ask him what a diaper is.
- Music/Dancing - she lights up anytime there's music on and she dances to everything (even the beat of the washing machine when it's running)
- Walking everywhere! She rarely crawls and is on the verge of running. Watch out!
- Collecting things in her hands and carrying them around for long periods of time (socks, small toys, crackers, anything). This is new since she's been walking and kind of funny. She'll hang onto things for over an hour sometimes.
- Taking books off the shelf and bringing them to me (but she doesn't sit and listen to more than a few pages of each book).
- Eating - this is our number one frustration with her lately. She's always been kind of picky, but lately she eats about 5 bites per meal and then starts trying to stand up in her chair, whining, and getting really mad. I've tried a million and one things to feed her and am at my wits end.
- Teething - this may sound silly, but I think she's the world's worst teether. She is SO whiny, doesn't eat well (which could be part of the reason she's been eating horribly for a month), wakes up so much at night, and just not pleasant. This lasts for WEEKS. Not days. Weeks.
- Not being held by me (Heidi) whenever I'm trying to do anything in the kitchen. She doesn't do this to other people, but she hangs on my legs and whines ALL the time.
Hazel also has 8 teeth and I'm sure she's working on more due to her craziness lately (or maybe she just senses that life is about to change). She's such a ham and very funny. She is good at following directions and know what "no" means. She'll often touch something she's not supposed to and then look at me and shake her head no. It's quite funny. She's not saying anything either, but the other day, she picked up a diaper and said "DIE-dah". So, I think both of their first words could be diaper. :) That may be because every other second I probably say, "Okay, let's go change your diaper" to one of them. She makes tons of sounds and has the sounds available to her to say many words, but isn't putting them together. Yesterday she walked around all day saying, "dum-dum-dum". Today it's, "gum-gum-gum".
Both Hazel and Jude should officially graduate from physical therapy next month (assuming Jude ups his game with his walking). Hurray! However, they'll probably start a language enhancement something or other (pre-speech therapy) since they are behind in their speech even for their adjusted age.