Well, I more than missed a 4 month post about Nona. Now that she's nearing 5 months, you're probably all wondering what she's up to!
She is such a smiley girl, especially when she wakes up in the morning. She is quite good at playing independently, but is much happier to interact with people (though she does already have fear of new people).
On the plane ride back from Michigan, Nona found her feet! Since then, she is very busy grabbing them and putting them in her mouth. When she's in cloth diapers, she can't get them in her mouth, so I think she prefers being naked or in disposables.
Watch out world! I think we have a strong little girl! She can sit several seconds propped on her hands. I definitely don't leave her like that (except for this picture) because she falls over a lot, but I think she's quite strong. She also brings her legs underneath her at times when she's on her tummy. One time she even moved forward!
Her smile just melts our hearts!
"I just love my feet!"
- At her 4 month check-up, she weighed 12 lbs 14 oz (40th percentile), was in the 15th percentile for height and the 75th for head circumference.
- She was sleeping through the night between 2 and 1/2 months of age and about 4 months of age, but since then she's been getting up 2 times a night. I don't know why the shift, but it did coincide with us making her nap in her bed rather than the swing. I think she's getting enormous now with her extra night eating.
- She usually takes 4-5 45 minute naps a day and screams every time she goes in her bed. Sometimes it's only for 2 seconds, sometimes for 5 minutes, but she doesn't seem to be able to fall asleep without screaming. We're hoping that as she gets older and consolidates her naps that they become longer. Right now it feels like she's in and out of bed all day.
- She likes to giggle
- She can roll over back to front but doesn't do it that often (she's been rolling front to back for over 2 months)
- Her eyes are still blue (yay!).
- Her hair is growing back in and is very similar to the color Jude's used to be (his is getting lighter now).
- Most people who see her say she looks just like Noel.
I think I'm starting to understand the phrase "they grow up so quickly" with Nona. That was not our experience with Hazel and Jude. Every milestone was so much work and changes seemed to come slowly at first. But, Nona just does the things she's supposed to do without a whole lot of work on our end. She's growing like crazy and changing every day and sometimes I just wish she would stay her baby self.