Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Heidi's Birthday!

I had a FANTASTIC birthday a couple days ago. Noel really did a good job at making it a special day. He got me a great shirt, pajamas, and a soup serving bowl with 8 personal bowls from Crate and Barrel. I've had my eye on that soup bowl since last fall, so I was VERY excited to receive it! I can't wait to cook some soup and serve it in these new bowls!

He also made me a great dinner. We had salmon, asparagus (which is one of my new favorite recipes!), bread, and salad. We baked a pumpkin roll cake together earlier in the day and it actually came out really well! I was quite nervous since rolling a cake is a new experience for me, but it's actually quite easy. If you haven't tried Libby's pumpkin roll, it's a must have! My recipe was given to me by a friend and is slightly different than Libby's, but it's almost identical. Give it a try! Our great friends, John and Amanda, joined us for cake and brought me some beautiful flowers. We're so thankful for our friends!

On Friday morning, Noel surprised me by taking me to a FANTASTIC restaurant in San Marino. Julienne's is a French restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch only, and everything is so delicious. The hostess was so sweet and brought a candle to put in my strawberry garnish.

Many thanks to Noel for making my day so special!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! Looks like it was a great one. Julienne's especially had me jealous.

Anonymous said...

what a great celebration you had! glad we got to enjoy a piece of that delicious birthday cake - Kraig let me have a couple bites...just enough to make me want to make my own :)

db

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

Hi Heidi!
Happy belated birthday! I love the blog!! I hope it's okay if I put a link on our site as well. I love reading and getting a little caught up with what's been going on with you guys. You both look great! We miss you!
Love ya,
brooke