Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall fun

Well, I'm struggling getting these pictures in order, so you'll just have to start from the bottom.

Last weekend, Noel and I were able to get away for some r and r in Temecula. I've been wanting to make caramel apples for a couple of weeks, but haven't been able to find a spare moment! So, I brought all the supplies to Temecula and had a "kitchen craft time" with Marcia on Sunday. It was tons of fun and they tasted great! I ordered 15 lbs of organic apples from our CSA and wanted to try making many different apple dishes. So far, I've made apple/pear crisp, caramel apples, baked apples, and have eaten lots plain and on salad. I'm thinking about applesauce, apple dumplings, or maybe more caramel apples. They were so fun to give to friends!



The finished product. I might completely cover them in chocolate next time, but swirling it was fun! We dipped them in caramel, crushed peanuts, and then swirled dark chocolate over them. Yum!!!!!

Dipping them in caramel.






Getting everything ready! Thanks for the help, Marcia! Also, thanks for a wonderfully relaxing weekend! It was just what we needed.





3 comments:

Amber said...

Heidi,
Blogger recently changed their post editor. If you go to "Dashboard" or "Customize" then click on "Settings". Scroll down and you'll see the Global Settings. Pick "Updated Editor". It makes pictures actually stay in the right place.

I always had the same problem, so I actually used to host my pictures on photobucket. This makes it so much easier.

Amber

Also, the caramel apples look delicious. I'm kind of jealous!

Corrie and Phil said...

Those look terrific! YUM, YUM, YUM! How did you make your apple crisp? I've tried many recipes over the years, but I'm sure you have a GREAT one.

Erika Pryor said...

Heidi and Noel,
I'm so sad I didn't realize you two had a blog sooner. I'm feeling very connected now. Am loving the carmel apple tutorial. Can't wait to read more in the future. I hope you visit my blog often too.

Peace,
Erika