Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A quick trip

As part of a scholarship Noel's receiving from Calvin College, he's required to attend the Calvin Worship Symposium at the end of January. I decided to tag along for the quick trip so I could work with my coworkers in the office and spend time catching up with friends I haven't seen in years. We were able to have dinner with Huw Lewis one evening, make a brief visit to Emily and Jason's (and also see Mom and Dad Snyder and Heidi and Brian), catch up with both high school and college friends, all in addition to attending the conference and working. It was such a joy to see high school friends I (Heidi) haven't seen in about 9 years and college friends whom I haven't seen since we move to Pasadena.
Getting a little niece time in during our quick visit to Emily and Jason's.
It was so fun to see how much more alert Madelyn is compared to just a month ago!
I had SO much fun eating at the Good Earth in Holland (one of my old favorite college places) and seeing friends I haven't seen in years. Sara and Mandy drove all the way from Chicago! Jessica shared her engagement story and Brooke announced that she's pregnant again. Congrats, Brooke! We all spent time catching up over good food. I am SO thankful that I had the chance to see these wonderful women after being away for so long. We missed you Corrie, Meredith, and Colleen! :(

3 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

I missed you too!!! I really wish that I could have been there!

kimberly said...

It was SO wonderful to see you too! I hope life in Pasadena is going great!

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

It was SO great to see you in person and I wish I could have stayed longer to catch up! You are wonderful!