Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

CSA picture

I forgot to take a photo of our box, but my neighbor happened to take one of hers! You can't see the depth of the box, or how packed in everything is, but this may give you a little idea of what we get. There's a huge bunch of cilantro on top (which I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with...maybe make cilantro pesto and freeze it) as well as lettuces other greens, etc. There are other veggies underneath, such as broccoli, carrots, radishes, and parsnips.

By the way, I think I made my best CSA dish ever this week! I made CSA crepes that were filled with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and wilted greens. I rolled up the crepes, placed them in a pan, and made a white sauce with herbed goat cheese in it. I poured the sauce over top and baked for about 15 minutes. It was delish! I love being forced to cook with things I would never normally buy at the store. It's really expanding my repertoire.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Thanks for feeding me so well, honey! Those crepes were delicious.