Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I am an idiot

I had quite the day yesterday. I needed to pick up a few things from Home Depot and decided to do so while Noel was at a church meeting. After getting what I needed, I noticed that there was a Target just down the street. I also needed a few things from there, and decided it would be easier to run to this Target rather than the one in Pasadena (Home Depot is in a neighboring city about 20 minutes away). After successfully finding my way there, shopping for about 15 minutes (they didn't have what I was looking for), I headed back out to the parking lot. I walked to the area I had parked (right underneath a tree) and started to panic. My car wasn't there! I walked up and down the aisles of the lot, panicking more by the minute, but couldn't find the car. I hit the panic button on the remote, hoping to set off the horn, but no luck. I called Noel and told him that I thought our car was stolen. I was nearly in tears and headed back in the store. So many thoughts were running through my head. I couldn't believe someone would steal my new car. I only had it for a few months due to totaling the old car. I was thinking that I should never drive again. I told the first sales associate I saw that I thought my car was stolen. She led me to the security office and I gave them all the info. I took them to the spot in the parking lot where my car was and we then called the police. Upon giving the cops all the info, they said they were on their way. The security officer from Target said he would go back inside and see what he could find anything on their security cameras. Minutes later, he radioed another security member asking if I knew the license plate number of my car. Luckily I did (though I couldn't even give the cops my cell number...I was so shaken up I couldn't remember it!)! The officer relayed the number to the guy inside and he said, "I've got her car!". I was thinking, "Oh good, they can see who stole it and which way they headed". Instead, he came outside and led me to the actual spot my car was parked. I was just looking in the wrong area of the parking lot and was too far away to utilize the panic button. Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed and felt like a total idiot. In my defense, the Target was situated on a corner, with 2 sides to the parking lot that looked identical....trees and all.
Anyway, it made for a much more eventful trip to Home Depot than I anticipated. I'm very thankful to still have our car and I hope I gave all the people at Target something to laugh about.

3 comments:

Bemily said...

I am glad your car was safe...hope you recovered okay...but this is kinda funny!!

Sarah Schraw said...

SO funny. At least you got a good blog post out of it. :)

Corrie and Phil said...

I found myself reading faster and faster to find out the result of your missing car. That's pretty funny, and I hope that you're able to laugh about it. :)