Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A great birthday

I had a great birthday this past weekend! Noel and I enjoyed a nice dinner at a new restaurant, I ate at 21 Choices twice, and we were able to celebrate with friends, which was the best part of all.
We ate a delicious cake when we were in Hawaii that I really wanted to have for my birthday cake. It's called Chantilly Cake and is similar to a German Chocolate cake, but the frosting doesn't have coconut and it's a little less sweet. It turned out quite well, but didn't compare to the one we had in Hawaii. Oh well. We'll try again some other time.
Oops! The delay of the camera missed the blowing out of the candles!
The cake: 4 layers of a light chocolate flavor with a thin cream/custard layer between each cake layer. Then the chantilly frosting.
I haven't celebrated my birthday with a group of friends in many, many years, so it was really fun to have people over. I felt celebrated, special, and loved and am so appreciative to Noel for inviting everyone! Thanks for a great birthday, friends!

1 comment:

Corrie and Phil said...

You deserve to feel celebrated!

We have the same "Celebrate" plate that we use for special occasions.

Glad you had a great birthday!