Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Busy and Tired

Hazel and Jude went to their first wedding yesterday! It was very small, outdoors, and on the casual side. They did great!
First picture attempt...not so good
Fourth attempt...a bit better for the kids, but I look like I'm wearing a potato sack (I'm not)

It's been crazy around here. We're both exhausted pretty much all of the time. Heather and Hillary came for a few days to get our house in order, which was great! Noel was a picture hanging, shelf hanging, curtain rod hanging master for 3 days straight. Our house looked GREAT the day they left (they cleaned and organized), but has not looked as good since. I can't seem to stay on top of it all! One of these days, when I'm comfortable with the mess level, I will take pictures and post them. I pick up stuff, wash dishes, do laundry, and care for babies all day, but at the end of the day, it's still a mess. Very defeating.

We are experiencing our first "cold" weather here. I don't really know if it's all that cold out, but it feels REALLY cold! Today was cloudy, rainy, very windy, and freezing. I'm sure this is just a taste of what's to come. Luckily, it doesn't really get below freezing here (so we're told), so that should not be too hard on our Southern California conditioned bodies.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

Makes you long for your 1-bedroom apartment sometimes, huh? Just trying to keep a bigger house clean is a task in and of itself! Just remember, taking care of those beautiful babies is much more important than a clean house... You're doing great!

nhsnyderville@blogspot.com said...

You look beautiful! Those babies are so big. Don't worry about the house.

Corrie and Phil said...

Heidi, that is the daily story of motherhood. Don't fret! You won't remember all the days with a clean (or messy) house, but you will remember raising your little miracles. Keep pressing on, dear friend!

I'm really starting to see Noel in little Jude.

Anonymous said...

My house has not been clean since I had my first baby 18 years ago. Maybe someday. But remember your kids are so much more worthy than a clean living room! Hazel and Jude look SO big now.
Liz D