Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

In other news...

Well, I know you're all most interested in the kids, but I thought I'd let you know a bit of what we've been up to. I am adjusting to being with the kids by myself A LOT. Noel is gone all day and sometimes gone at nights too. It makes for some very long days, especially when the kids refuse to nap (like they have been this week). But, I have managed to accomplish a few things. I made blackberry jam yesterday from some wild blackberries that a church member picked and delivered to us. I have cooked a few things and hope to get my website going again very soon. I attended a girls movie night last week (which was a GREAT ending to a long week). And I haven't completely lost my marbles...yet. :)

Noel is SWAMPED with his job. Any new job is challenging for awhile, so we're praying that he settles in soon and can find some time to relax. He's planning all the music for 2 services, running a weekly rehearsal, filling out a TON of paper work, and trying to get the lay of the land. He's also preaching this week, which is just an added "bonus". He just moved into his office this week (it was under construction when we got here), but he still doesn't have a desk or shelves. Hopefully that will all be taken care of soon!

My sisters are coming in 2 weeks to visit and help decorate the house (and play with Hazel and Jude, of course) and I can't wait! It will be nice to have the house a bit more finished and great for Heather to meet her niece and nephew. Hopefully we survive until they get here!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

we can't wait!!!!!!!

Corinne said...

Surely Noel has a sermon tucked away somewhere he can pull out and tweak. Miss you guys around here. The new couple moved in to your place this weekend. Weird.
Give the babies kisses for me. :)

Amy Evelyn Oden said...

Getting caught up on your blog :-). Aren't Northwest blackberries amazing?? Hazel & Jude's sweet little faces have been in my mind this morning. You are definitely missed.