Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2013

Staying Sane

It has been really cold here, but in trying to keep my sanity, I've been taking the kids for walks almost every day this month. By the time 3:30 rolls around, I literally don't know what else to do. Nona is SO cranky and wants to be held or walked around and everyone just gets really whiny. So, we bundle up and head outside. 

Here's how it usually goes. First, I put Nona's socks on. Then I get socks for Hazel and Jude. Nona takes her socks off. I put Jude and Hazel's socks and shoes on. I put Nona's socks on again. I get everyone's coats, hats, and mittens out of the closet. Jude and Hazel run away (Hazel saying, "No!"). I chase them down. Nona takes her socks off again. I put Jude and Hazel's coats and hats on. I put Nona's socks on and put her in her snowsuit. Jude takes his hat off. I go outside to get the stroller out and they all start screaming. I come back in, put Jude's hat back on, and rally the troops. We get outside and into the stroller. I put Jude and Hazel's mittens on. Jude takes his mittens off. I tell Jude, "If you take your mittens off again, we will not go for a walk." I put his mittens back on and we finally leave. It takes about 30 minutes. And often someone decides it's time to poop in the midst of all of this. Yes, I go through this nearly every time. Why, you ask? Because they are SO cranky that it's actually worth it. My life is insane.

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wow, we are living parallel lives!

Unknown said...

Both of you make me reconsider going from man to man defense to the zone defense :)