Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 22, 2008

Recipe!

I'm back with another yummy, easy recipe! I actually made this on Valentine's Day for a quick "nice" dinner that Noel and I could scarf down before he headed to class for the night (made for a great celebration...all by myself on the couch all night). Don't worry, we celebrated this past Wednesday instead. :)

This recipe comes from Everday Food , which is a magazine filled with SIMPLE, delicious dinner ideas. I'm trying to make cooking more simple, so that I don't get tired of being in the kitchen. Don't let the title fool you into thinking this dish is too spicy (for those of you who don't like spice). It really wasn't spicy at all.

Cayenne-rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa
course salt and ground pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz each)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 med red onion, finely diced (I might not use the whole onion next time)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 avocado, pitted and cut into chunks

In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp salt (I used slightly less), 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cook until browned on the outside and opaque througout, 8-10 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice and set aside. Just before serving, fold in avocado chunks and season with salt and pepper. Serve salsa on top of chicken.

I served this with roasted baby gold potatoes (cut in half, sprinkled with salt, pepper, minced garlic and drizzled with olive oil) and a salad made of spinach, grapefruit, blue cheese, and walnuts with a dressing made up of olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, and honey.

Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

jess o said...

Sounds AWESOME, Heid! I'm going to try this! Thanks for sharing!
xxoo!