Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Recipe of the week

I tried a few new recipes again this week. Surprisingly, the simplest one was definitely the tastiest! Maybe that's because it was for salmon (which may be my all time favorite food) and the other 2 were for pasta (which is definitely more of a "neutral" food for me). I loved this recipe because it only called for ingredients that we already had in the house. It's so fun to just whip something together that doesn't require buying tons of stuff at the store. This recipe comes from Cooking Light.

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp bourbon
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
1 Tbsp lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets

Combine first 7 ingredients in a ziplock bag. Add fish to bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan;cook fish about 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place fillet on plate and drizzle with remaining sauce.
Optional: Spinkle fish with thinly sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.

I served this with a side of roasted broccoli and whole-wheat couscous that I added toasted, slivered almonds and dried cranberries to.

Hope you enjoy it!

Tip: You can store fresh ginger in freezer for several months. This makes it easier to grate and eliminates the problem of having it rot in the fridge before you can use it all up. I cut the ginger into 1-2 inch pieces and then put it in a freezer bag. Then I can just take out 1 piece at a time (or however many pieces I need).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I will have to try this one:) Thanks, Heidi! Hope you are doing well.
Colleen