Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Driving

I still have days when I hate driving, but yesterday I was feeling really good about getting in the car and running errands by myself. I felt like I actually even liked our new car, which is the first feeling of fondness I've had towards it. I needed to take the 210 highway to get to my destination. As I was driving along in the right lane of the 6 lane highway, suddenly a flock of about 6 big white birds (maybe seagulls, I don't know) flew up from the shoulder and started hovering just over the right lane. They weren't too far in front of me and I had no time to change lanes. I started panicking, but thought, "Birds always fly out of the way...I'll be fine". But, these birds were a bit slow or something and I NAILED one with the windshield and killed it. Luckily the windshield didn't break. The bird just left a big smear on the windshield. I am once again freaked out to drive. Darn birds.

2 comments:

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

That is hilarious. Thanks for giving me a chuckle tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

I know it must've been terrifying, but it really is hilarious after the fact :)

You know, you could've grabbed the bird and eaten that. I don't think that would violate any of your ethical concerns about eating meat in the month of November.