Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Third Trimester!

It's been a quiet week in the Perinatal High Risk Unit, Heidi's new home. Still a couple of anxious parents-to-be, not to mention family and friends. But no real news to report, other than that mom and baies are still where they all were last week. Based on my impressions of the state of medicine for preventing pre-term labor, I'm getting ready to hold a plunger up to her for as long as possible. I'm pretty sure that will be the next course of action.

Now, according to some counts (at least the ones we're deciding to pay attention to), Heidi has entered her third trimester as of yesterday. That should mean that the babies are growing more rapidly now, gaining an ounce or so every day. Thank you all for your prayers. God has granted our petitions so far. We are still praying for another month, though, if for no other reason than that the babies can only have Thanksgiving dinner if they're still inside the womb. Which reminds me: I had to discipline the babies the other night. I told them, "Go to your womb." They listened.

On another note (D# I think), we now have moaning underneath our apartment floor. Cats. In the crawl space. (With a silver spoon?) It sounds like human moaning, though, which is really creepy. But it's also helping me get ready for something similar (times ten!) when our own kids come. Except I can't call maintenance when our own babies start crying.

That's the news from Pasadena. Thankful, anxious, and hopeful.

4 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

D#...love it.

Go to your womb. Love it.

Glad to see you're keeping your sense of humor in all of this.

Thanks for the updates!!!

The De Jager Family said...

Thanks for the updates! You guys are definitely in our prayers, and I think of you often. I always appreciate hearing any news you share!

TonyB said...

Wow. Noel, you are getting really good at these updates. We are thankful you and Heidi are in our lives. We can't wait (but we are hoping to wait longer!) to add some little ones to the mix! ~Tony

Laura McClellan said...

Your Gramsie keeps me up to date on your progress when I do her hair, but this blog is wonderful. Keep sending those little ones to their womb!