Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I have the magic touch

Yesterday, I was able to enjoy some cuddle care with Jude for the second time. As soon as I picked him up, he let out a really loud fart. He was not very content the whole time I was holding him and as we put him back, the nurse said, "He stinks!". She checked his diaper and said he had the biggest poop she's every seen him have. She weighed the diaper and it weighed 50 grams. His diapers earlier in the day weighed between 9 and 12 grams, so this was huge!

Today, I was able to hold Hazel. I decided to change her diaper before picking her up to hopefully avoid yesterday's scenario. I changed her wet diaper, picked her up, and she let out a huge fart. I called the nurse and told her that she stunk and I think she pooped (this is BIG news for Hazel who often needs enemas to go). Sure enough, she went on her own (she also went 3 times yesterday...yay Hazel!). I started to change her, got the clean diaper down and she went again. I asked the nurse for a third diaper, and she went some more! The fourth diaper try was successful. I was thrilled to change Hazel's dirty diaper since it's been such a struggle for her.

I guess I have the magic touch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear such good news. Praying that Hazel and Jude continue to do well.
Jen and John Baer

nhsnyderville@blogspot.com said...

I never thought I would be so excited to hear about babies pooping. Keep up the good work kids!
Sending love. Gramsie & Grampie

Christina said...

haha! Maybe they sense that they're near their food source so their tummies are trying to make room. :)

Anonymous said...

You are a true mom now, reporting about your kids' poop for all the world to know! Love ya, Anna