Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Jude - 22 months

Jude is definitely getting a mind of his own lately and keeps me on my toes. He is "all boy" according to most people who meet him. 

Jude's first goose-egg! He fell into a door frame when he was trying to follow Noel.
One of Jude's favorite things is to sit on the floor and have me throw the diapers out of the dryer onto him. He thinks it's so funny.
What's Jude up to?

  • He is OBSESSED with books. He brings book after book after book to anyone who will sit and read to him. His favorites are "Love You Forever", "Nursery Rhymes", and touch and feel books. 
  • He LOVES music. He often points to the CD player and whines. As soon as I turn on the music, he zones out and goes into his own little world.
  • He shakes his head no a lot and soon after Hazel stopped giving kisses at bedtime, he did to (shaking his head no anytime I asked him to kiss Nona or Daddy)
  • He's finally choosing to walk up stairs with a railing instead of crawl. FINALLY! I've been trying to get him to do this for months. One day, he just did it. And now he wants to practice over and over and over.
  • He is a big time wanderer. He refuses to hold hands and insists on running the opposite way we are supposed to be going. This makes it impossible for me to take all the kids someplace by myself.
  • He's very affectionate and will randomly come up to me, nuzzle his head against mine and kiss me over and over again. It's hilarious.
  • He is a serious limit tester and often gets back to back timeouts (sometimes 7 in a row) for doing the same "bad" behavior. He also recently started refusing to say sorry at the end of a timeout, so he sits there til he says it (sometimes 10 minutes). This really pushes my buttons...just a little...okay, maybe a lot.
  • He LOVES to be chased.

No comments: