Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 14, 2012

More happenings over the past few weeks

One of these days, I hope to do shorter, more frequent posts about each of our children individually. But right now, I'm still playing catch up and need to do things as quickly as possible. So here goes...
I'm attempting to get my kids to eat more vegetables, especially green ones. So, I made a green puree (spinach and zucchini) and put little pats of butter on top in the shape of a smiley face (took the idea from a book I read). Instead of eating the butter and puree, it turned into an art project. I guess we'll try again another day.
Raspberry face from the Farmer's Market outing.
Hazel's obsessed with putting on Noel's shoes.
Sunset the other night!
Here she has one of Jude's shoes on and one of Noel's slippers.
Yogurt mustaches are funny!
Future gardener?
My friend, Amanda, and I were weeding the lettuce garden and gave Hazel and Jude the freedom to play in the flower pots. I never thought she'd end up with dirt all over her hair, face, and body! She thought it was hilarious to dump handfuls of dirt over her head.
Definitely a future gardener.
When Amanda was here, we were finally able to take advantage of our Deception Pass Boat Tour season passes! 

It was a beautiful day and turned out to be a lot warmer than we thought it would be!
Hazel loved standing and having her hair blow in the wind.
Some days Hazel will not leave her room until I put lots of things in her hair. I don't even attempt to make it look nice because it's really not possible to make 7 non-matching bows look nice. Many days she wants 2 ponytails, a few bows, and a few barrettes. Oh, and of course, her sunglasses.
Hazel loves to use Nona's things. She got in Nona's bouncy seat and even put the toy bar on.
Clean baby! Honestly, Nona doesn't get many baths. She doesn't stink and I just don't remember. I know. Horrible.
Sometimes Hazel thinks Nona needs bows too.
This was our first outing to the grocery store with all 3 kids (which meant we were totally counting on this cart being available). Unfortunately, Hazel and Jude came down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease a few days after this. I'm quite sure the germ infested cart was to blame. Amanda and Noel also caught the disease. Nona and I were spared.
Hazel thinks she needs a bumbo. And a pacifier (which Nona doesn't even use).
Jude loves these play kitchen utensils. Sometimes he bangs Hazel on the head with the ladle. Not okay, Jude. Not okay.
We went to Rosario beach last week since the weather was great and Noel was home for the afternoon. Hazel and Jude loved playing in the water and didn't seem to notice (or mind) that it was FREEZING cold. I couldn't even stand to have it touch my feet.
Seaweed!
Sitting? They are very brave.

No comments: