Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

99

I've been singing, "99 days in the NICU for Jude, 99 days in the NICU, take one down...". I know it doesn't make sense, but today is Jude's 99th day in the NICU. A few weeks ago Noel and I placed bets on what day Jude would get out. I said 100 or 101. Looks like I'll be close! I can't remember what Noel said, but I think it was 97 or less. Jude's getting his car seat test tonight. The doctor ordered his home oxygen today, so that should be set up in the next couple of days. He will need to be on it 24/7 for now. He did okay for a little while without it, but started to desat after about 20-30 minutes. We have no idea how long he'll be on it, but hopefully by the time he actually gets an appointment with the pulmonologist, he will be much stronger. (We STILL don't have an appointment for Hazel! They won't schedule the appointment until the doctor reviews the file. Ugh.). He lost weight again last night, which is not good. I talked to the doctor today and explained that we want to be sure that he's on a good nutritional plan before he comes home (gaining weight more than 2 days in a row). He agrees, but explained that Jude's chronic lung disease makes it very hard for him to gain weight and that he's maxed out on the volume of food he's taking and when his calories get increased, he throws up. We just want to know that he'll be growing when he gets home. The last thing we want is to end up back in the hospital! Hopefully we can figure out something soon! I think the doctor still wants to send him home this week (assuming he doesn't lose anymore weight). It does seem that the end is in sight!

No comments: