Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chaos

It feels very chaotic around here. I'm sure that will continue for quite sometime. Shortly after arriving home yesterday, Jude managed to pee all over his nice going home outfit. He has subsequently peed through 2 or 3 more outfits. I can't even remember. He's been doing great feeding (eating lots) and hasn't thrown up yet. We have to hold him upright for at least 30 minutes post-feed. It's great that this works for him, but it makes for some long feeding times and doesn't allow us to get anything done. Both kids were up nearly the whole night. They've been sleeping a lot today, which is great, but that probably means another long night (and not much playtime with the kids)!

I think all I've done in the past 24 hours is make bottles (different mixes for each of them), feed babies, wash bottles, pump, wash pump parts, hold babies, and change diapers. I did manage to sneak a shower in, but that's as far as getting ready got for me!

Thank goodness for meals, friends coming to our rescue yesterday (thanks Katie, Christen and Tony!), errand runners, and more. We are so appreciative of everyone!

4 comments:

Katie said...

The chaos only lasts for a short while. You are doing great! What a blessing to have a supportive and helpful community around you. You are in our prayers!

Julie said...

Wow, I am so glad that Jude is home! Congratulations on being reunited as a family and making it through your very long NICU journey! You guys are amazing, though I know that truly you have been upheld by the strong hand of God. Praise to Him that your babies are now with you at home, and I am praying that He will continue to strengthen you through the challenge of caring for 2 babies!

I can totally relate to the chaos scene. When our babies were newborns, there were many days when I barely got a shower, and that was about the end of my personal accomplishments for the day. Every other ounce of time and energy went toward baby care. It is crazy how busy 2 little tiny people can keep a house full of adults. I am glad to hear that friends are helping you out. Don't hesitate to ask others for help when you are frazzled. They want to help more than you know!

Oh, I have a little boy tip for you, too, that may help with Jude. I used to have to change Zach 2 or 3 times a night when he was a newborn because he peed through everything. It was so frustrating. Eventually I learned how to do his diapers differently so that this rarely happened anymore. The trick is to hold the "little boy part" downward with one hand while using the other hand to cover it with the front of the diaper to keep it turned down. Then continue to hold the front of the diaper down with the 2nd hand hand while fastening the sides tightly (though not too tight) with the first hand. That way, the pee doesn't shoot straight up and catch a gap at the top of the diaper, thus soaking the outfit. Hope this helps! With 3 boys this has been a lifesaver to know -- so many nighttime clothing changes eliminated. :)

Becky said...

Finding enough time to take a shower and write a blogpost in one day already makes you "wonder mom" in my book!

Griselda Johnson said...

DITTO to what Becky said!